What is Rexulti Used for
Rexulti (brexpiprazole) is an antipsychotic drug that requires a prescription. It operates by altering the activities of certain brain chemicals. In adults, it is used to treat the following conditions:
- Major depressive disorder (MDD), often known as depression.
- Schizophrenia, a medical condition that involves symptoms such as hallucinations, and delusions. Rexulti can be used alone or in combination with other medications to treat this disease.
Adjunctive treatment of MDD
- The recommended beginning dose of 0.5 mg or 1 mg once a day, given orally with or without meals, is suggested.
- Gradually increase the dose to 1 mg once a day, then 2 mg once daily.
- A daily dose of 3 mg is the maximum advised.
Treatment of Schizophrenia
- On Days 1 to 4, the suggested beginning dose is 1 mg once a day, given orally with or without meals.
- On Days 5–7, gradually increase to 2 mg once daily, then to 4 mg on Day 8.
- A maximum daily dose of 4 mg is advised.
The above are commonly used doses and recommendations. However, be sure to follow your doctor’s guidelines and recommendations about how to use and take this medication. If you have any questions about usage and dosage, talk to your doctor.
Rexulti vs Abilify
Both Abilify and Rexulti are prescribed to treat schizophrenia. They’re also both utilized to treat MDD. Abilify is also used to treat bipolar disorder, Tourette’s syndrome, and autism-related irritability. Abilify injections are used to treat agitation induced by schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
Rexulti Weight Gain
As a side effect of Rexulti, it’s possible to gain weight. Regardless of the disease that Rexulti was meant to treat, this was a common adverse effect documented in clinical research.
Rexulti and Alcohol
There is no information on whether Rexulti and alcohol interact in any way.
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have liver damage as a result of heavy alcohol use. Side effects are more likely if you have liver problems.
If you drink alcohol, see your doctor to determine how much alcohol is safe to consume while taking Rexulti.
Rexulti Side Effects
- Feeling restless
- Common cold
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Unintentional muscle movements
- High blood sugar levels
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Trouble swallowing due to neck spams
- Problems regulating body temperature
- Increased cholesterol
- Death risk for some older adults
- Risk of suicidal thoughts
- Weight gain
- Allergic reaction
This drug might cause serious adverse effects. If you have any significant side effects, contact your doctor immediately, or dial 911 or your local emergency number.
These aren’t the only adverse effects that come with it. Other, perhaps more rare side effects should be discussed with your doctor and pharmacist. Tell your doctor about the following before taking this medicine:
- Medications, non-prescription drugs, and supplements
- Any previous medical conditions
- Pregnancy/ breastfeeding
We are committed to customer satisfaction and strives to provide the safest and most inexpensive forms of medications possible. Check above for our listed prices, and use online price comparison tools to see that we offer you the opportunity to buy medications at much lower rates, when compared to other retailers and pharmacies.