What is Multaq
Generic name: Dronedarone
Formulation: film coated tablet
What is it Used For
Multaqâ€¯is a prescription medication that can help you avoid having to go to the hospital if you have atrial fibrillation. It is intended for those who have experienced atrial fibrillation in the past (paroxysmal or chronic AF) but are now in a normal rhythm.
It’s unclear ifâ€¯ Multaqâ€¯is safe and effective in children under the age of 18.
If you have any of the following conditions, you should NOT take this medication:
- You have a form of cardiac issue known as heart block, and you don’t have a pacemaker put.
- Your heart rate is modest, fewer than 50 beats per minute.
- If you have severe liver issues or have had liver or lung difficulties as a result of taking amiodarone.
- Use certain medications that alters the quantity of this medication that enters your body
- You’re taking medications that might cause a hazardous irregular cardiac rhythm.
- You’re expecting a child or intend to have a child.
- While using this medication, women who may get pregnant should use effective birth control (contraception). Consult your doctor about the most effective birth control options for you
- You are or intend to be a breastfeeding mother. Whether you should take this medication or breastfeed is a decision you and your doctor should make together It’s not an honest idea to try to both.
- You’re allergic to dronedarone or any of the other MULTAQ components.
Dosage and Usage
What is the best way to take MULTAQ?
- Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking this medication.
- Take this medication with food twice a day, once with your breakfast and once with your evening meal.
- Even if you’ve been feeling okay for a long time, don’t stop taking this medication without first consulting your doctor.
- If you miss a dosage, skip it and resume your normal schedule.â€¯ Do not take more than one dosage at a time.
- If you accidentally take too much this medication, call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department as soon as possible.
Do not consume grapefruit juice while receiving this medication treatment. Grapefruit juice can raise the quantity of this medication in your blood, making you more likely to have a Multaq adverse effect.
Multaq Alternatives in the United States, there is presently no therapeutically comparable form of Multaq available
Multaq Side Effects
- Abdominal pain
- Inflammation of the lungs
- Lowâ€¯potassiumâ€¯and magnesium blood levels
- Changes in your kidney function
Multaqâ€¯might cause serious adverse effects. If you have any significant side effects, contact your doctor immediately once. If your symptoms are life-threatening or you believe you’re suffering a medical emergency, dial 911 or your local emergency number.
These aren’t the only adverse effects that come with it. Other, perhaps more rare side effects should be discussed with your doctor and pharmacist. Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about any allergies you have, medications you are taking, and any previous medical history you have.
OnlineCanadianPharmacy.com is committed to customer satisfaction and strives to provide the safest and most inexpensiveâ€¯Multaqâ€¯possible.â€¯We provide aâ€¯Multaqâ€¯priceâ€¯that isâ€¯affordable and available at a discounted rate.â€¯ Check above for the listed prices, and online price comparison tools to see that we offer these medications at much lower rates than most pharmacies.